Go Orange is currently not operating as part of government measures to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
We will keep this page up to date with information, including when a decision has been made to reopen.
We will be processing all cancellations and providing a full refund by email (info@GoOrange.nz). Please do not phone us. We are working outside our normal business arrangements and will not be able to answer.
We are working as quickly as we can - prioritising those with imminent bookings, and really appreciate your patience at this time.
We would like to thank you for your support to date and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Thank you for your support in this ever-changing COVID-19 world. Rest assured we're totally committed to providing a safe environment for you. Below are some of the things we do to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
CRUISE – Group size 99 each departure
- All high use areas – Handrails, tables, counters, walls are being regularly wiped down using ECOLAB products. As always the galley is operating at the highest food hygiene standards.
- We are endeavouring to social distance customers where possible.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing facilities are available.
KAYAK - Group size 8 per guide – max group size 32 each departure
- Our guides & drivers will greet all clients with hand sanitiser in Te Anau or Manapouri.
- Clients are encouraged to dress warm so that they can take advantage of the fresh Fiordland air on the outside decks of the RJs Manapouri lake boats. All RJs vessels are being cleaned diligently between every cruise.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to all clients throughout the journey from Te Anau to Deep Cove & back again.
- Clients are given disposable antibacterial wipes at the same time as the paddles to disinfect their own paddles before each trip.
- All client polypropylene & fleece garments &paddle jackets are washed in hot water & detergent after every use.
- Guides use disposable gloves to gather client gear & load it after every trip. Clients are encouraged to wear their own polypros, merinos, fleeces, rain jackets & other outdoor appropriate gear.
- All outer kayak gear is soaked in wetsuit solution after each trip & left to air dry overnight.
- Hand sanitiser is also available at the Hall Arm overnight campsite. The overnight guides have Dettol to sanitise all commonly touched areas & have been instructed to be diligent when cleaning the toilet.
RAFT – Normal group size 6/7 on a raft – max 40 each departure
- All wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets and booties washed with disinfectant after the trip.
- All paddles will be sprayed with an aerosol disinfectant spray each trip.
- Locker and change rooms sprayed down with Ecolab spray and sanitize solution every night and cleaned twice a week by commercial cleaners.
- Hand sanitizer stations all over base and masks are available on request.
- Wipe down of all IPads for customer registration and photos on a regular basis.
- Door handles and railings are being regularly wiped down
- Every customer will be greeted on check in with hand sanitizer, and/or when they board the bus to head to Raft base.
CANYON – No more than 99
- All high use areas - sanitizing every handle and menus as much as possible, Eftpos and screens are cleaned after every use, we are personally delivering cutlery with every order, rather than have this in a communal space, so we reduce the amount of people touching them.
- We are also encouraging deliveries of food for the local community, since we currently we have a driver on duty
- All Saturday and Sunday sessions have been cancelled for now. Toys and games have been removed.
- Handrails, tables, counters, walls are being regularly wiped down
JETBOAT – No more than 21 each departure
- All Jetboat life jackets are sprayed with disinfectant after each trip.
- These are then fully washed in a disinfectant solution at the end of each day.
- No spray jackets will be used for the foreseeable future, so customers should dress appropriately.
- All Handrails and seats are wiped down after each trip
- Not writing on hands with permanent markers.
WATER TAXI - Normal group 25, no more than 40
- All high use areas, all seats, Eftpos machines, IPads, windows and hand rails are wiped down between trips.
COACH - No more than 50 each departure
- Handrails and handles are being regularly wiped down, at the start, middle and end of each trip
- All Coaches are commercially cleaned every evening
- Customers with flu like symptoms are recommended to self drive options or to bring a mask for the sake of their other passengers.
- All food and rest stop areas have soap and washing facilities.
- All seats are wiped and cleaned twice a day.
- We are regularly sanitising everything that’s touched,
- Not writing on hands with permanent markers to indicate experience.
- Endeavouring to get people on transport to activities ASAP, so there is less time waiting in close proximity to other travellers.
- Wiping all benches, keyboard and Eftpos at regular intervals.
- Hand Sanitiser is available to customers where in stock.
- All retail doors are open where possible, to ensure customers don’t have to hold doors. If required to be closed, all handles are to be wiped down at regular intervals.